Wish List

Sunday, August 26, 2018

May all your dreams come true...

This was a birthday card for my beautiful granddaughter Polly. She is such a sweet girl, and I really do hope all her dreams come true.


I first created my background using several Distress inks.  I used a variety of butterfly dies and cut enough of them out of glitter paper and cardstock to fill the front of the card.

I have a stamp set of larger words from Inkadinkadoo and selected the word "Dreams" from this set. I heat embossed it with turquoise embossing powder and then colored in some of the letters with a lighter turquoise marker. The rest of my sentiment was heat-embossed with white on black cardstock.

On the inside of my card, I printed a sentiment with my computer and stamped a few colorful butterflies.




















The real fun part of this card came when I tucked in this mechanical butterfly so that when the card was opened, it would flutter out. It has a little rubber band mechanism that you wind up before you place it in the card. Here's a link to a YouTube video if you'd like to see one in action:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKxHXqYo810. My granddaughter, and those sitting next to her when she opened the card, were very surprised.



I was able to order several of these butterflies online. I thought they would be a fun addition to some of my cards. You can find them on Amazon by searching for "wind-up paper butterfly."

Our house guests have left--but they'll be back in a week. They took a little side trip to Chicago to visit other relatives and to sight-see. It is quite lovely to have the house to ourselves again and not have to worry about feeding 5 or 6 people at every meal, even if it's just for a few days.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is just beautiful. You know how I love butterflies. Love the card and sparkles. Happy Birthday to your new teenager. I have to do a new teenager boy card this month--don't think butterflies will do for that one.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty 0 love the glitter butterflies and the DREAM is perfect. The windup butterfly is the perfect addition. Great job.

Lynne in NI said...

What a beautiful card Cheryl, your background is absolutely gorgeous! Bet she loved it. Off now to check for those butterflies ... :)