Wish List

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Happy birthday pop-out...

My brother-in-law's birthday was the end of May, and we were actually able to celebrate with him this year. Here is the card I made for him:


























I grabbed some cardstock from my stash, along with some bits and pieces that I thought I could use to embellish the front of my card.

My sentiment was computer generated, and I inked around my die-cut (Darice) to give it a little definition. The stars were cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die set. They're kind of wonky, but I like them like that.

For the inside of my card, I used a Silhouette cut file (#49563) for my "Happy Birthday" pop-out.


I guess I have a "thing" for pop-out cards. I think it's always a nice surprise when there is this extra element on the inside of a card. I love that the Silhouette Design Store offers so many different possibilities for pop-outs.







 As you can see in this picture, it doesn't pop out very far, but it still gives a nice affect to the card.

Summer has definitely arrived in my area, and I am enjoying the warmer weather and the way my flowers are blooming like mad. I just need to make sure they get enough to drink!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

LOVE this Cheryl! Fresh and Summery!

designbydonna said...

Very nice card for your BIL. I like the color combo. I haven't tried the pop out features yet.. It is always fun to find a little surprise inside.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulously clever design Cheryl! Great colour combo too! Sorry I have been MIA for so long, but have been away and then when we got back we had to deal with a lot! Have a great week and I hope to catch up a bit soon! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Nice pop out card and yes I like the fact that it doesn't add too much bulk to the card.

Lynne in NI said...

Great card Cheryl, LOVE your pop out centre.
Glad to hear summer has arrived with you! I think I booked the wrong week off work - it's been cloudy and showery all week but the forecast for next week is much brighter and sunnier. Maybe I'll just pull a sickie ;)