Wish List

Thursday, January 12, 2017

A simple pirate birthday card...

I have some very old pirate-themed dies, and thought I would use them to make a birthday card for my daughter's stash. They are just one layer dies, but by cutting them out from different colors of cardstock, cutting them apart and layering them, they look a little more 3-D. The letters for the word "Ahoy" were some puffy stickers from my stash.


Here's a little closer look. The dotted lines at the bottom were made with a dotted line die, but I'm not sure of the brand. I'm also too tired to go and look.


















On the inside I added the pirate boat die-cut and a computer-generated sentiment. I'm hoping this card works for some little boy's birthday.

It's COLD here in Minneapolis. I envy those animals who get to hibernate through a Minnesota winter. Kind of wish I could join them when that wind chill dips below -20F.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Cheryl! Surely your daughter will happily welcome this fun card to her stash!

Lynne in NI said...

Great boy's card, I'm sure your daughter loves to get her stash to see what you've been creating! -20 sounds BRRRRRR, we think we're bad if we get to -5C!!

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome fun boy birthday card - and more fun with your silhouette. My daughter likes for me to make her a stack of cards every so ofen.