Wish List

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Spiders! Eek!

More fun Halloween cards involving smiling spiders...

Aren't those spiders cute? They look almost cuddly, don't they?

I've made them with two different sizes of CS circles, some googly eyes and some hand-drawn legs and smiles.  EASY PEASY!!

Here's a close-up of one of the little guys. You can just barely see that I rubbed a little Perfect Pearls around the edge of each circle. It adds a very subtle sparkle.

The smiles were made--of course--with a white gel pen. I only wish now that I hadn't made them all smile. At least one of them could have had a little round mouth that gave it a surprised look.






I picked up these gem border shapes at a BIG discount...and then I had to figure out how to use them. I measured them and then used my Cricut to cut the same shape (a little larger) and its shadow from the Elegant Edges cartridge. After using my computer to print my sentiment onto the white shape, I adhered it to the black shadow and then applied the gem border. Pretty!








The inside of my card is another Silhouette pop-out (Design #66067). Isn't it awesome? I love it so much. The spider web border was made with a Martha Stewart punch.

I couldn't stop at just one circle spider card, so I made a second one - with the same pop-out on the inside, of course.


Well that's it for me today. Halloween continues to inch closer and closer. Have you purchased candy for the trick-or-treaters yet? I love handing it out to the little ones who come to the door. They're all so cute in their little costumes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Cheryl, these are the cutest spiders ! I personally love spiders. Interesting to watch through the window making a web. I live that web border also. The pop out is a great fun thing also. Enjoy a lovely fall. Will end too soon. The leaves in Minnesota were awesome last time we visited.

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure cuteness Cheryl! Love the fun spiders! The googly eyes and quirky smiles are over the top! So fun!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great Halloween makes Cheryl! I never thought I would ever say this, but . . . cute spiders! Thank you for popping by my blog, it cheers me up a little seeing everyone's kind comments! Have a wonderful Sunday my friend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, your spiders are cute, but there's definitely no such thing as a cuddly spider. They give me the heebe jeebies!
Hope you're having loads of fun on your travels x

Glittered Paws said...

Oh this makes me giggle - these spiders are just too cute, I "like" spiders as long as they are on a card. Not in my house. Great job.