Wish List

Friday, June 17, 2016

Skateboarder birthday cards...

Here are a couple more cards I made for my daughter to have in her stash. She has two boys who regularly attend birthday parties for their buddies, and she needed some cards on  hand for those occasions.

I started with a blue card base and added a black mat. Then I cut a piece of white CS that was rounded on one side (with a circle die). I used my score board to add some rays that all started from the centerpoint of the rounded side. Once my scoring was done, I inked it up with some distress ink. The rays absorbed more of the ink so became more prominent, which was perfect! I added a sparkly star border, a couple of single stars and some silver metal dots to complete my card.

For the next card I used the same process but different colors. Instead of stars, I added a simple border made with a Paper Smooches dots border die.

My skateboarder silhouettes were from a cutting file that I purchased in the Silhouette Online Store (Design ID #83811). I think they work great for these pre-teen boy birthday cards.

The HB2U were black glittery number/letter stickers from my stash.






The insides of my cards were pretty simple with a computer-generated sentiment.

Well, I am nearly to the end of my childcare stint with my grandkids. I will have a rest over the weekend, and then Monday is my last day on duty.

Yesterday, I brought my three grands (ages 13, 10 and 8) to my house for a couple of hours to craft a Father's Day gift for their dad. They had so much fun and did such a great job. I only wish there had been time for me to take pictures of what they created, but we were in a big rush.

They are at an age when they can really make some fabulous items, and they have such good ideas! I think I should have them around all the time, if only to help me brainstorm and plan my next project.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic cards Cheryl! Love the silhouette images of the skateboarders! My daughter has friends that are professional boarders and would love something like this! Hope you have a great weekend!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, those are great boys cards Cheryl - those skater dude silhouettes are fab!
It's fun to get crafty with the kiddos isn't it, my nephew and niece love to come round to make cards - their favourite part is to play with my Cuttlebug and of course my niece loves to get as much glitter on hers as she can ;)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous boys cards.
luv
Debby

Glittered Paws said...

Love how you crated your sunbeams - and works so well with the skate boarders. How much fun is it to work with the grand kids. I know my 2 granddaughters always loved to play in grandma's craft room.

Taunya Butler said...

I dub you the Queen of making Boys cards - all of them that I have seen are incredibly awesome and just so perfect for young males!! You are so super talented and I really have loved seeing all these guy cards - keep it up- You are definitely on a roll!!

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I have been out of town and a little behind on my commenting. I love the silhouette look of your skateboarders. The pre=teen boys will love it