Wish List

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sparkly, shiny Christmas ornament...

When my sister came to visit a few weeks ago, she brought along a few of her dies for me to play with. One of them was this ornament die from Marianne Creatables.  Since purple is my favorite color, I just had to make some cuts with it from purple glitter paper.


This is the card I made with it. I backed the die with some shiny silver embossed cardstock and then used the "Precious Hearts" die by Memory Box to cut a bow and the "string." I added a sparkly silver enamel dot to the center of the bow.

My sentiment is a wooden stamp from the $1.50 bin at Michael's, and I used a Martha Stewart Pine Needles Edge Punch on my sentiment mat which helped create the illusion that the ornament is hanging on a tree.



I also used the MS Pine Needles punch on the inside mat. This inside sentiment stamp is by Penny Black.

I am entering this card into this week's Winter Wonderland blog challenge: Twinkle, twinkle (all things sparkly and bright).














I made some cards like this in more traditional colors, too, and here are a few pics of those:




Finally, I ran out of the red and purple sparkly die-cuts, so I used one of my own ornament dies (Lifestyle Crafts, I believe) to cut another ornament for a couple more cards like this:

Even though I made 10 of these ornament cards, I am still a bit behind on my self-imposed Christmas card schedule. I really need to get busy and make some more!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Such a simple and beautiful set of cards!

Patti J said...

Girl, you amaze me! You already have so many Christmas cards made, and I have yet to begin :) These are gorgeous! I think I'd like to play with your sis' dies too!!! Very pretty, my friend! Have a great week...

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous cards and love the die. Thaks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous cards and love the die cut bauble. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

debby4000 said...

Love your Christmas bauble cards.
Luv
Debby

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh, these are all so pretty. Thanks for sharing

Taunya Butler said...

Everyone of these cards is just incredible - love the sparkle, shine and glitz each one has!! So amazing the way you put certain colors with certain metallics - you just did such a terrific job with these baubles and gorgeous ornaments!!!

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous Christmas ornaments. Love the shiny metallic looks.

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x