Wish List

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Die-cuts make it easy...

I absolutely love using dies for cutting out images for my cards...especially when I'm in a hurry. It's so much quicker than using my Cricut. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Cricut, too. It's fantastic for cutting layered images and doing multiple cuts of an image at one time.

I've been in a hurry, though, to get my Christmas cards finished and ready to address and send, so here are a couple of my latest creations using dies:
This card uses three different dies. The snowman die is by Marianne Designs Creatables. Isn't he just the cutest? I thought about adding some color to the die-cut on his hat, scarf and twig arms, but decided I liked him best in all white. The tiny holly on his hat was fussy-cut from a piece of DSP. After I glued it to his hat, I added a single red "berry" using a Viva Decor pearl pen. The snow for him to sit on was simply hand cut from a piece of white glitter paper.


The "Merry Christmas" die is by Dee's Distinctively. I first cut it out of the patterned DSP, then out of some white glitter cardstock. After adding some adhesive tape to the back of the cutout in the DSP, I inlaid the glitter die-cut. It is so much easier to do it this way (and keep the words straight), than to cut out the words and adhere them on top of the DSP.

The holly leaves are by Cheery Lynn. I really love this die because of the graduated sizes of the leaves. I've used it to make poinsettias, too. Check that out in this post. The berries on the holly were once again done with my Viva Decor pen.





The inside of the card was matted with the same green cardstock I used on the front and I added a few snowflakes that were heat embossed with some sparkly white embossing powder.  I also put a couple of holly leaves and red berries in the corner.

I am entering this card in the following challenge:

Dies R Us Challenge Blog: Winter Wonderland







Speaking of die-cuts, my sister has also been busy making Christmas cards. Here are a couple photos that she sent me recently.




For this card she used the ice skates die from Marianne Creatables. In fact, earlier this year she had given me several of these die-cuts, and I made the cards you will see here.
















I especially love this card, also by my sister, with the embossed cardstock and the holly. Isn't it just so pretty? That is the loveliest shade of red, and I really like the glitter on the ice skates, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


2 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love your diecut snowman in all white. Makes a statement! Looks great on that background paper. What fun to have a crafty sister. Love her cards too.

Darlene said...

FABULOUS cards! The ice skates & snowman are two of my all time favorite winter dies! LOVE how you've added holly & berries to them both!
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WINTER WONDERLAND’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS