Wish List

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fluttering by to say thank you...

I really love this Marianne Creatables butterfly die. It makes a great focal point! This card was made for another co-worker to let her know how much I had appreciated working with her.

The turquoise edge down each side is actually Washi tape. When you're looking for a matching mat color, be sure to check out your Washi tape. It's such a quick and easy addition to a card. The "Thank You" was cut out with an Elizabeth Craft die and adhered to the CS.




The fancy square behind the butterfly was cut with a Spellbinders die (Marvelous Squares). I inked it a little around the edges to soften the transition from DSP to white CS and to better focus the attention on the butterfly.









This card was actually much prettier IRL than it is in the photos. Even my husband was impressed with it. It was fun to make and I plan on using this layout more often - especially when I can use my Washi tape!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I love that butterfly and the color combo. Very pretty.