Wish List

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Sometimes pretty paper is almost all you need...

I've had this pretty patterned paper for quite a long time. Not even sure where or when I got it. When I looked at the fairly large flower design, I thought it looked like it could just stand alone, with one of the flowers framing my sentiment. To add just a bit more interest, I added some white ribbon and pierced a border around the edge of the card.

Here's a look at the inside of the card. I used a Spellbinders Labels 8 to cut the rectangle for the sentiment. I didn't want to add another black mat, but I did want the edges to be defined, so I ran a black Sharpie marker around them. I like the way that turned out. I also cut out one of the tulips on a scrap piece of the paper and added it as an embellishment.

I tried a little trick with my ribbon. I added a narrow band of Fray-Check to the ribbon at an angle where I wanted to cut it. I let that dry and then cut the ribbon through the Fray-Checked area. If you check closely, you'll see that the cuts look very clean. No fraying at all!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card, love the papers.