Wish List

Friday, October 4, 2013

At last - a Halloween card...

After seeing so many Halloween cards on the blogs I follow and on Pinterest, I felt I was really behind not having made a single Halloween card yet.  Well, last night I decided I was going to start--and finish--a card. Here's what I came up with:
I had such a good time, using my Cricut to cut the house, cat, pumpkin and ghosts from Create a Critter 2 and the "Boo" sign from Everyday Paper Dolls.

This is a side-step card, and it's really fun to add little images to each "step." I plan to make a few more of these with other images, and I'll share them once I have them done.


Here's a closer look at the little haunted house. It's just two layers, so it is very easy to put together.

The little ghosts were actually cut using the pirate ghost image. I just didn't use the pirate hat or eye patch. I used a scissor to cut off the excess parts and a couple of punches to punch the eyes and mouth in the top layer.









The little sign was actually a one-layer image in the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. It's very easy, though, to just cut it out a couple of times and use one of the cuts to make a top layer. I used one of my Halloween stamp sets to stamp the "Boo" onto it.








For the inside section (underneath the haunted house), I added a piece of off-white cardstock so I can sign the card. I used just a couple of stickers that I had on hand to wish the receiver a Happy Halloween and decorate it a bit. The candy corn stickers are dimensional and shiny. I picked them up on sale, knowing they would come in handy.











Here's one last look at this fun card. I can't wait to get started on the next one.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, Cheryl! Can't believe it's sneaking up on us so quickly! Hugs...

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Halloween card
luv
Debby

designbydonna said...

That is so cute. Love all the little cutouts.

Debra Marlenee said...

wonderful cards, love Halloween or is it that I am a little 'witchy' at heart? These are great. Deb