Wish List

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yoda's birthday wisdom...

Did you know that Yoda once offered a real "pearl" of wisdom regarding birthdays? When I discovered this, I decided I needed to make a birthday card using an image of Yoda and his wise birthday words.
 As only Yoda can, he offers words that are very blunt and matter-of-fact. But it is true, you know--none of us will look as good when we're 900 years old. LOL

I found the line image of Yoda online and colored it with my ProMarkers. I had a bit of difficulty with Yoda's skin color as I have such a limited selection of markers. I ended up using a blend of spring green and a beige markers.

This card will be used by my grandson Max when he attends a birthday party for one of his friends. I think he'll be okay with the less-than-stellar coloring - as long as the card has a Star Wars theme!

I think some company ought to make a stamp of this quote, don't you? It makes me smile everytime I read it. I'm a communications person in my work life, so I have to do a lot of writing, and the syntax of this sentence really amuses me.





 


Once again, I kept the inside of the card very simple. I did add another well-known Star Wars line, however: "And may the force be with you!"

It is so much fun creating cards for my grandkids to use. I don't feel they have to be perfect, and I can try out lots of techniques and materials.
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

You seriously nailed the color. Max LOVES this one!!