Wish List

Friday, February 22, 2013

Easter card #1...

I send quite a few Easter cards to family and friends, so it is high time that I get started making them. Even though we had several inches of snow today, spring--and Easter--will be here before we know it.

Here's my first card--simple, but definitely indicative of warmer weather when my spring bulbs will break through in the front flower garden. I love daffodils, tulips, narcissus, and all the other spring flowers. Two falls ago I planted 200 bulbs in front of my house. It was such a joy to cut bouquets of them last spring to bring inside the house. This card reminds me of those beautiful bouquets.
The pretty daffodils were cut at 3.5" from the Art Nouveau cartridge. I did a little shading on the flowers with some ProMarkers to give them a bit more depth and definition.  The Happy Easter sentiment was heat embossed.



 
I love the elegance of these daffodils. You can find daffodils on a number of other cartridges, but I think this particular image is the prettiest. I only wish I actually owned this cartridge! Luckily, my sister has it and is happy to let me use it when we are able to get together.
I always scour the internet for Easter greeting ideas to put inside my cards. I often find suggestions that I change to fit my own style. This particular sentiment will work well for most of my family members, as they live hundreds of miles away, some even thousands!  To keep the look the same as the card front, I left a significant bit of the blue mat showing at the bottom. I heat-embossed a little flourish to add some interest,
Have you started your Easter cards yet? I know they are beginning to show up on many cardmaking blogs across the internet. I find that Pinterest is a good place to find some cardmaking inspriation.
 
Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

 

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Cheryl! And I have to say that I'm jealous of your flowers! 200 bulbs? Wowza! You will have to take photos when they bloom! Thanks for sharing :)