Wish List

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gypsy Wanderings and Hearfelt Sympathy...

I have a Gypsy - which I love, love, love - but I had never used the Gypsy Wanderings or Gypsy Font images that came with it. I decided it was high time to give some of them a try. Here's a card on which I used one of the pretty butterflies cut from Gypsy Wanderings:
I used an embossing folder on the front panel. It's from Darice and is called "Floral Border." I highlighted the embossed flowers with a little chalk and stamped on the sentiment. The mat underneath is some design paper in shades of brown that worked well  with the rest of the card.
 
I cut the butterfly from some sparkly cardstock at 2" ( I think) and the body of the butterfly from a darker metallic cardstock. Only the dragonfly body is glued to the card to allow the wings to raise up for a little dimension.

On the inside I decided to emboss just one-half of the border and turn it the other way around. This can be accomplished by careful positioning of the folder at the end of the B plates on my Cuttlebug so that just one half of the folder is actually embossed.

This folder is so perfect for this because the border is made up of two parts. I need to remember this so I can use it again in the future. I hate when I forget my own good ideas! LOL

Once again, I highlighted the flowers with a little chalk and used some brown chalk ink for the sentiment.
 Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: