Wish List

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary...

Every year we need anniversary cards, right? I always try to create something that expresses what I feel for my DH, but I also try not to make it too girly.  Here's a card I made for him using the emboss resist technique and some ink colors that contained only muted reds along with some browns to "man it up" a little. Don't you think that color choice can make all the difference in making a card either feminine or masculine?
I stamped a heart flourish with VersaMark ink all over a 4 1/8 " X 5 3/8" piece of white cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then sponged on some red, brown and neutral colored distress inks. Once I had the look I wanted, I wiped the excess ink off of the embossing. This piece was adhered to a white card base.

I stamped the heart with the lines criss-crossing it, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, and then cut it out by hand. The other heart was stamped, cut out by hand and then dry embossed and lightly inked across the raised embossing.

I made the border piece with a Fiskars punch after printing the sentiment with my computer.  On the inside of the card it says, "A lonely me, a lonely you. Happy Anniversary!"

Here's another look at the card so you can see a little more clearly that the smaller heart is popped up on dimensionals.
I think this card would work equally well as a Valentine card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: