Wish List

Friday, July 20, 2012

Grumpy old men...

Every once in a while I see a stamp that I simply need to have - usually because it fits so many people in my life. "Norm" by Art Impressions was one of those. My oldest brother turned 65 this month and I simply had to have this stamp to make a card for him.
Isn't Norm something? Now, my brother doesn't look like this grumpy old guy, but he does live in Florida where shirts like this are rampant and everyone has numerous pairs of sunglasses and their favorite lawn chair.  I had a lot of fun coloring Norm with my ProMarkers.  I cut him out with a Nestability and did a little bit of yellow chalking to soften the "air" around him a bit. I matted the the image with some olive green cardstock. The sentiment is computer-generated and inked around the edges. Here's a little closer look.
 I used a metallic gel pen to color in the frame of the lawn chair to give it a more authentic metal look. Don't you love the outfit Norm chose to wear? I'm certain this was his choice of colors, too, not mine!

Did you notice that I also added a strip of paper for contrast and couple of grommets to the front. I threaded the string through the grommets and tied it before I adhered the patterned cardstock to the kraft card base.

Here's a look at the inside of the card, which I dressed up a bit by inking the edges and adding a couple of leftover scraps of the two patterned papers:
I managed to use "Norm" on a card for my husband's birthday, too. My husband is not at all grumpy...ever...so he just laughed at it and said it couldn't possibly be him. LOL

Finally, I want to alert all of you to a fantastic giveaway on Lisa Stenz's blog.  She is giving away the new Close to My Heart Artiste cartridge kit. I have the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and it is spectacular!  Check out this giveaway and the rest of Lisa's Creative Corner.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


No comments: