Wish List

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A tag flower...

Sometimes it's fun to try making an embellishment with an unexpected tool. A while back my name was selected as one of the winners in the Spellbinders Spring Blog Hop.  My prize was a set of Spellbinders Labels and Tags dies. I was excited to receive these dies, as you can imagine.  I've used several of the dies in the usual way on a number of cards since receiving them, but I wanted to find some more creative ways to use them, too.  After studying them, I decided that the small oval tag looked a lot like a flower petal.  It's the one with the arrow pointing to it.

I cut out several "petals" using this die, molded them a bit with an embossing tool and used a purple Promarker to add some flicks of a deeper color.

Once I had them looking a little more like actual petals, I lined up the tiny holes at the end of each tag and joined them together with a glitter brad.  This was the result:
I thought they made quite a pretty flower!  I then cut out a couple of ticket shapes, stamped them with a Close To My Heart stamp that fits beautifully, and added them just under the flower.  With a punched border, some embossing with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and a little bit of pretty paper, my thank you card was done.  And it took hardly any time at all!
As you can see, I even added a narrow strip of the paper to both the back and the front of the envelope for a coordinated look. 

What tools do you have that you've used in unusual ways? I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thanks for visiting, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Well, aren't you clever! I love this idea! Your card and envelope are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing :)

craftieodmae said...

this is fantastic!! I agree with Patti, very clever!!!