Wish List

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #124 EASTER/APRIL SHOWERS/SPRING...

I cannot believe it is already April 5! And not only is it the fifth day of April, it is also time for our next challenge over on the Let's Craft and Create challenge blog.

This month we're all about Easter or April Showers or Spring. Take your pick! Some of you may even be able to combine more than one of these ideas into a single project. You can find lots of inspiration here from the talented members of the LCC Design Team.

For my contribution, I've created a card and some cute little Easter tags.

I found a paper packet of tiny floral prints that I thought would be just right for Easter. I also liked that it wasn't the usual "all pastel" print. The darker background gave my card a bit more of a dramatic look.


To showcase my sentiment, I cut a circle and stamped it with an older stamp that I purchased at a thrift shop.

I also punched some sprigs of leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and an EK Success punch. Finally, I cut some small egg shapes with my Cricut.

My fancy edge along the outside of my circle was actually made with a die that cuts a straight piece of paper lace. So how did I get it to curve so nicely around my circle? See the photo below.




The die I used is one of the unbranded dies that can be found on eBay.

You can see in the lacy die-cut where I have snipped (circled) between each section to allow me to bend it as I adhered it onto the back of my circle. It took 2 1/2 die-cuts to fit all the way around. Luckily, these 2 1/2 cuts fit exactly!


I used a stamped sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly for the inside of my card. You can see that I also added two more pieces of my lacy die-cut to add a little decoration and dimension.

My second project was to make some Easter gift tags. I opted to make a "double" tag by combining a classic tag shape along with a small round tag.

The little round tag (Sizzix die) is not adhered to the larger tag (Cuttlebug die), so it can move freely.  The grass was made with a Fiskars border punch and the little bunnies were made with a cute set of Impression Obsession dies.

You can't see it in the photo, but I used my glitter pen to add some sparkle over the lettering of each sentiment before I added a couple of gems or pearls. The sentiment circle was then popped up with foam tape onto the round tag. So easy, and they look so fresh and spring-like. I actually made 10 of these little cuties, and they will go on Easter gifts for my 10 grandchildren.

I hope you'll head over to Let's Craft and Create and check out the rest of the gorgeous creations from the Design Team. I know they'll inspire you to join us in this fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your Easter card is so pretty. I like that dark background too. Great tip about the lacy edge. I do that for sewing but never thought of that for paper crafts. Your tags are cute.

Glittered Paws said...

You have been busy busy - love how you snipped the lacy part of the die and used it. The tiny flower paper is perfect for Easter.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh these are lovely Cheryl, that ditsy DP is so pretty! And great job with your fancy border too!

Sue said...

Beautiful card, and sentiments. Love the Bunny tags, so darn cute.
Happy Easter to you and yours, Cheryl.

Hugs
Sue

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, I don't know how I missed this one of yours Cheryl! It's so pretty too and I LOVE the way you turned a border die into a circle frame, genius! I would never have thought to do that! Have a lovely day and a wonderful Easter weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic