Wish List

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #122: Love is in the Air...

It's the first week of February and time again for another fun challenge on the Let's Craft and Create challenge blog. "Love is in the Air" is a really FUN challenge. Who doesn't love to create with hearts, flowers and, well, love?!

I decided to try my hand at foiling, since I had just received a Scotch brand laminator that I purchased on eBay. Here's a peek at my card:

I found a pretty clip art flourish online and printed it on some white cardstock. I also added a "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment with MS Word.
I printed out four sets of flourishes and sentiments on one sheet of 8 1/2" X 11" cardstock. Keep in mind that you MUST use a laser printer for this technique. It's the toner that reacts with the foil and adheres it.

Anyway, I cut my printed sheet of cardstock into four card fronts, laid a piece of gold foil on top of each and ran them, one at a time, through my laminator. I did send them through at least three times each, to make sure the foil was properly adhered.


This picture doesn't show the shimmer and shine, but gives you a nice straight-on look at the design.

After my foiling was complete, I matted my card front with some purple cardstock and added four hearts punched out of purple glitter CS. Each heart was popped up with a pop-dot for more dimension.

I kept the inside of my card very simple, with a lighter purple stamped sentiment (it looks blue in the photo!) and another glittery punched heart.

I had four of these cards done in no time at all. I can't wait to try foiling with other colors.

Now it's your turn. Let the idea of "love" inspire you to create something romantic or something that just expresses love for another human being...or even a pet! Then enter your creation over on the Let's Craft and Create blog. I'm so looking forward to all your creations, and the rest of the Design Team and I will comment on as many as we can.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Cheryl! Love the purple shimmery hearts!

designbydonna said...

That is so pretty. I love the foil look and all the shimmer.

Glittered Paws said...

Have tried foiling one time - and it didn't turn out so good - think maybe I didn't have a laser printer. This is so pretty - love the purple hearts.

Georgiana said...

Gorgeous in purple in gold.

Lynne in NI said...

Looks like you've had fun with your new toy Cheryl! Bet that foil looks fab in real life :)