Wish List

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #121: Things with Wings...

The time has come for another fun challenge over on Let's Craft and Create. This month, we'd love to see your creations that include "Things with Wings."

I was excited about this challenge--so excited that I decided to make two cards!

My first card was made with some beautiful cardstock for the background I split my mat into two pieces at a diagonal and joined them together with a piece of white cardstock on which I had put some Heidi Swapp Washi tape that had the word "hello" repeated on it in gold lettering.

Next I grabbed my set of nine Ellentina butterfly dies and cut five of them from some subtly striped gold metallic cardstock. If you look closely, you'll see that each one is unique. This set of butterfly dies is my absolute favorite. They're intricate, beautiful and just the right size for cardmaking.

I also ran a narrow strip of the gold cardstock down the right and left sides of my mat.

If you've read my blog before, you probably know that I like to dress up the insides of my cards, too--even when it's essentially just a notecard, like this one. Here, I've added two more narrow strips of the same gold cardstock I used on the front and added one small (Fiskars punch) gold butterfly.

My second card incorporates a little humor with Tim Holtz's Crazy Birds stamps and dies. I bought a set of three of the bird stamps that came with the dies, a few sentiments and an embossing folder. I used the embossing folder to make the background panel for my birds. I inked up one side of the EF before sending it through my Cuttlebug, so as to get this letterpress look. I also backed it with a black mat.


I colored my birds with ProMarkers and popped them up on foam tape. I added some Glossy Accents to their eyes for a little added dimension.

Since I used my ProMarkers on this card, I'm entering it into the latest challenge (#376: Anything Goes) over on the "Passion for ProMarkers" blog.













On the inside of my card, I used a black mat, a computer-generated sentiment and a black and white stamped image of one of the Crazy Birds peeking up from a lower corner. Isn't this card fun?

Now it's your turn--think about what you'd like to create that includes wings of some sort, however you would like to interpret that. The Design Team members have some wonderful inspiration for you over on Let's Craft and Create. Please take a few minutes and check it out!

We all look forward to your entries, and we'll do our best to visit your blogs or Facebook sites and leave a comment or two.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Both cards are fantastic Cheryl! Love the gold shimmery butterflies fluttering about and the quirky birds!

Patti J said...

Wow Cheryl! Great cards! Love the birds...I just finished a card with one that I stamped a long while back at Shirley's house. Couldn't help but smile when I saw this cute card! The butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, my friend!

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of your cards but - the bird card - takes my favorite vote. Some of Tim Holtz are really out there but his crazy birds, dogs and cats are among my favorites.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fun card and beautiful stamping, thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Lorraine DT

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl! I especially love your background on your birdie card, I'm going to give that a go!

Darnell said...

Both your cards are outstanding, Cheryl! I love how thorough you are by also creating fabulous card insides!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

The Crafty Den said...

Fantastic card Cheryl. I love the fun birds and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love those gold butterflies on that pretty patterned paper Cheryl and what an amazing card the second is (I really thought that it was die cuts on a background) that EF looks fabulous inked up like that, I think I might have to 'pinch' that idea! Have a great week my friend! Hazel xx

Paddington fan said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love your Crazy Bird card, fab colouring and I love that embossed background. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Passion for Promarkers , good luck in the prize draw and I hope you'll join us again very soon,
Love Jacky x
Passion For Promarkers DT