Wish List

Friday, August 18, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #128: Hey, Dude!

I always appreciate a masculine card challenge, because, like most of you, I struggle making them. This month at Let's Craft and Create, our challenge is "Hey, Dude!" The Design Team has come up with so many great ideas, I hope you'll click on over and take a look. But be ready to be inspired!

Here's my contribution to the DT line-up:


This card was made for my brother who wears cowboy boots every day. He loves the western look, and having grown up in Montana and North Dakota, he comes by his fashion sense honestly.

This card was made with mostly unbranded dies.  I've used pens, alcohol markers and Viva Décor pens to add some color and dimension..

My fence posts were made with some craft cardstock that has been stamped with a wood grain background stamp.


Here's a side view that better shows my little twine rope. I have to say, I really loved how that looked once I had adhered it to my card.


















Here's a close-up of my cute cowboy boots. I love all the detail on them, and it's so easy to highlight it all with a little bit of coloring.















Finally, here's the inside of my card--a computer-generated sentiment and another horseshoe.

Now it's your turn to create a masculine card and post it here. There is a prize to be won, so make sure you're in the running for it. You've got until the end of the month to enter.

Once again, be sure to check out all the wonderful DT creations on the Let's Craft and Create blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love this, and those boots are priceless!

designbydonna said...

This is a perfect masculine card for any cowboy. That twine rope is a great touch.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Very cool! I LOVE it Cheryl! The twine is inspired!! Have a lovely evening! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, what a cool dude card! Love those boots and the little horse shoe, and your 'rope' looks fab!
PS bet your balloon ride was fun, I've never actually seen one in real life!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW love this unique card. Fits my brother to a "T". You used some great elements and color for this fun card. Enjoy a fun Sunday

lonneke said...

wauw what a great card. I like the cowboy style.
May I ask form withs companie the boots and hat are.
The are perfect for my husband:-)
hugs Lonneke

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome masculine card and love the twine rope, that was the first thing that caught my eye The boots are great as well. I know he will appreciate this card.

Anonymous said...

Love the look of this one!

Gary said...

I really enjoy your posts.

Patti J said...

What a fun card! Bet your guy totally loved this one! Would love a pair of those boots in colors like a pair that my daughter wore for years! Thanks for sharing