Wish List

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Cute little Betsy Bluebell...

This image is from one of the Betsy Bluebell stamp sets by Penny Black. If you click on the link and look closely at the set, you'll notice that the image I've used has three more balloons than the Penny Black image. That's because I've added some die-cut balloons, drawing in their strings with a black pen.


I stamped the first three balloons onto scraps of colored cardstock, fussy cut them out and adhered them to my image.

Once I had the balloons on (the red and purple ones are cut from glitter paper) and everything colored in, I felt like it needed something more, so after masking my image, I spattered the background with some distress ink.

Then I thought, OMG, what have I done??? Why did I think this was a good idea???

But I decided to forge ahead and put my card together. After it was all done, I thought it might be tolerable. What do you think?





Here's my card standing partially open...

...and the inside of my card. I've used two different stamps, separated by a tiny ribbon bow.

That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your card is so cute. I love the spattered background. Reminds me of confetti. That is a great idea to let the inside show around the oval. I have forgotten that I have that stamp. I'll have to dig it out and use it. It is so great for little girl celebrations.

Glittered Paws said...

Well I think your card is just as cute as an be. Love the little girl image - she is darling and all the balloons - love the glitter ones. I love to splatter but I never think they look just right. Yours looks fine.

Lynne in NI said...

LOL I'm all for a good splattered background, helps to disguise inky finger prints ;) Love this Cheryl, those sparkly balloons are fab and your ribboned edge is so pretty!

linda said...

Love your card