Wish List

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle card...

I had so much fun making this cute card for my grandson who just turned 7 years old. Once I set up a couple of shapes in my Gypsy, it was easy peasy to cut and put together.

I cut ovals for the bottom of each turtle's head and a little bigger ovoid shape for the top of the head. I also cut little banner flags for the eye masks. I love that, with my Gypsy, I could make sure it all fit together properly on the card size I wanted to use. Then I was able to cut everything at once.

To make the little noses, I simply hand cut a small portion from the top of each oval leaving a little rise in the center for the nose. I did draw a straight line across the back of each oval and a little bump where the nose should be so that I didn't miss-cut any of them. The eye mask was then tucked behind this little rise to accentuate it.

The eyes were made by using the castoffs from a hole punch (the usual size used for notebooks) and then adding some black liquid pearls for the eyeballs.

 My grandson's favorite color is orange, so I used it for the matting on both the front and the inside.  The dotted embossing folder is by Darice and the sentiment was computer-generated. The orange paper is actually an embossed cardstock that was purchased that way.


I also made an envelope with my WRMK envelope punch board, since this was not the usual A2 card.

This was a fun card to make, and I was happy when my grandson knew immediately that these were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I was afraid they might not be recognizable. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Oh WOW, Cheryl, you have done it again! Love these turtles. I too have an about to be 7 yr old grandson who would love this.

debby4000 said...

Fun, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card and I am sure your grandson loved it!