Wish List

Monday, May 12, 2014

Funny cat card...

Hope you enjoy today's funny cat card. I made two of these cards for my twin daughters' husbands, whose birthdays are only 8 days apart. I actually scanned a real check, then re-sized the image and printed it so that I could cut it out and adhere it to the card. You'll see in the photo that the check was completely filled out, but for posting here I have blurred some of the details to keep them private.


And here's the punch line...
Don't you love that cat image? I actually bought that stamp from my local craft store that offers donated and gently used items for sale. This stamp was one of those used items. 

I stamped it onto the front of the card, but then stamped it again on white card stock and colored it with my ProMarkers. I used one of my embossing tools to round out certain areas of the cat's body and then adhered it with some thick, double-sided adhesive that gives it dimension in certain areas. I was really pleased with how it turned out.

Here's the second card - the same basic card. I just used a different card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

This is such a fun card!
I love the punch line... very clever!

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, you really made me laugh today. I love that cat!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my - this is just TOO funny! I have that cat stamp and I love him too - your sentiment just cracked me up!

Heather said...

We laughed so hard when John opened up the card. I think it's my favorite one you've ever made!