Wish List

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A tailored thank you and some big news...

This thank you card started with a pre-made card blank. I added a coordinating striped mat and then dug out one of my oldest dies -- the Cuttlebug "With Gratitude" die. I used it to cut out the "thanks" and then used some Lifestyle Crafts nesting dies (frame #8) to cut the stacked labels.



This Cuttlebug die is a really old one--it was actually one of the first dies I ever owned--but I still like it. I haven't used it in a long time, so it was fun to dig it out again.

While the ribbon and the biggest square die-cut look black in these photos, they are actually a very dark green. They match a dark green stripe (which also looks black) in the patterned cardstock. Sure wish I could get truer colors when I take photos!






And now for my big news: I turned in my notice yesterday that I will be retiring at the end of June. My DH and I plan to use the next few years to travel and see some more of this great big country of ours. Of course, we may also take a few trips to other countries, but we will focus a good deal of our time visiting all those places in the U.S. that are currently on our bucket lists. I plan to continue blogging as best I can. I know many people take their computers and blog from the road. We'll see how that works for me.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, your card is the perfect thank you for that special someone! Squeal!!! Congrats on your upcoming retirement, and how nice that you and DH are going to travel together! If you ever come through the St. Louis area, let me know! Would love to meet you! Hugs...

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card and happy retirement! Can't wait to follow your journey on the road.