Wish List

Friday, February 23, 2018

Hey, Foxy...


Isn't that little fox just so cute? He was made with an unbranded die set that includes the die-cuts to make a fox, a squirrel and a raccoon. He was super quick and easy to put together.


I had a tiny heart die from another set, so I used that to add to my little Valentine fox. Instead of trying to glue on the teensy die-cut eyes, I used some Nuvo Crystal Drops instead.

The heart behind my fox was cut with a Darice die and the  banner die is unbranded.

The oval die I used for my computer-generated sentiment is a Lifestyle Crafts die.


In my rush to get this card done, I managed to cut the inside sentiment panel too short. But this turned out to be a happy accident, as I simply added a couple strips of my DSP--and I really liked how that turned out.



I thought I'd leave you today with a couple photos of the blanket of snow that was left from last night's storm. We got 5 1/2" of the white stuff, and the weather people are saying we'll get another 5-6" this weekend. This photo is looking down the street from my front step.


Here's our front walk. Imagine another 6" on top of all that!! It seems we'll be spending another morning shoveling.

Do you see the red car parked in the street? Did you notice that the windshield wipers are sticking straight up? They were in that position all night and are still that way as I type this at 1:30 p.m. I'm not sure why they would leave them that way, unless they're afraid they will freeze to the windshield if left in their normal position. Go figure.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Well first of all love your foxy card - he is just too cute, and if I have DP left I usually put it on the inside. And then next - your beautiful snow pictures - and more snow tonight for you. My hubby has a blade on his bobcat that he "pushes" snow with as we have a really long driveway. Good day to stay inside, and the red car with the wipers out is a hoot.
Yes I paperpieced the umbrella on my kraft anniversary card.

designbydonna said...

Adorable little fox card. I like extra DP on the inside of my cards too. Use it often. I am glad we don't have that snow here. We are getting a lot of rain and with the snow melt from northern IN, it is beginning to flood here.

Mona Pendleton said...

Sending sunny thoughts your way Cheryl! Love the sweet fox! The shimmery heart adds a nice touch!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a sweet little fox, great fix on your inside too!
Your photos look fab, if not cold!! I'm sure you are so looking forward to spring! Our daffodils are just starting to open, but we've a hard freeze heading our way so hopefully it doesn't finish them off :(

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your fab fox and I prefer you verse panel like this it brings the whole card together.
luv
Debby

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW!! And I thought WE had snow! Our whole country grinds to a halt, when we have so much as an inch or two! They say that the reason we don't prepare for it, is that it would cost more for the equipment/measures needed to keep a country hazard free when snow falls, is because it happens so rarely that it is cheaper to just shut the shops/schools/businesses etc., which I suppose makes sense. I hope you are snow free now! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic