Wish List

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

You're a winner...

 



I needed some kids' birthday cards to donate, and I hadn't used my basketball shoe die set in a long time. It is such a fun die set, so I made two cards--one for a boy and one for a girl.
 

My brothers played basketball in high school, so I remember them wearing hightops like this. They may have been all white, but they were this style.


The details in this set are so great. I love all the little eyelets for the shoelace holes.

I added a piece of white linen thread for the shoelace.

I also inked the toe and the sole a bit to make them look more realistic and popped them up with foam tape.



Wouldn't you have loved to have a pink shoe like this when you were young? I think I would have. 


The star on each shoe was die-cut from metallic silver cardstock.

The sentiments were printed with my computer, matted and popped up with foam squares.

For the lace on this shoe I used a pink elastic thread that may have been meant for tying on packages.

This is the computer-generated sentiment I added to the inside of each card.

The layout of these cards is so simple, but I'm hoping the shoes add enough interest to not require a fancy fold or extra embellishments to make the card special.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great choice for kid's cards. I have this same die and like you haven't used it for a long time. You've inspired me to pull it out and make some cards for Send A Smile 4 Kids

Lynette said...

What a great die set, Cheryl! Your cards turned out perfectly! They don't need more, when they've got those shoes. :-)