Late last year I purchased this large "JOY" die, but I didn't have a chance to use it on any cards. I promised myself I would use it this year. I also bought the little penguin die set because I thought it was just the cutest.
To make this card, I first cut "JOY" out of glitter cardstock. Having all the letters connected makes it easy to glue it onto an A2 card front and keep it straight.
I placed a couple of snowflake stickers in the center of the "O" and added gems to their centers. I added the penguin after it had been pieced together, popping it up with foam tape.
I think on future cards, I'm going to try placing the penguin as though it is sitting on the bottom edge of the "O." I think that might look pretty cute. I could even create a scene behind it with a snowy landscape and a tiny tree or two.
This is the sentiment I added to the inside.
I really enjoy making cards when I have some cute dies to work with. I also love using pretty holiday embossing folders, so you may see some embossed Christmas cards in future posts.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
4 comments:
Love the big letters with the opportunity to decorate the middle of the O. I have had my eye on this die but haven't purchased it yet.
Great CAS card, love the cute Penguin and sparkly joy.
Carol x
Just TOO cute! I have that "joy" and the penguin! I am SO inspired to dig them out and actually use them. I have SO much unused stuff, I'm ashamed to admit it. How can you not have a smile on your face seeing that cute penguin? You did a great job making this card!
Adorable little penguin! Wonderful card.
Post a Comment