I have a die that cuts the white frame you see in the photo above. It also cuts a stitched rectangle for each of the open spaces in the frame. I thought it would be fun to cut the frame and then select a few scraps of DSP--a different one for each opening--and cut them out to adhere back into the frame.
I glued the white frame to a card base and then glued the appropriate DSP rectangle into each open space. Once that was done, I started adding some stickers to embellish these spaces.
The sentiment was stamped onto a white scrap of cardstock and cut to fit over the DSP in the tallest rectangle, leaving a narrow border of the green patterned paper beneath it.
I had a few of the tiny flower stickers left over so I used them near my stamped sentiment on the inside.
I really like how this card turned out. I think this idea could work well for Christmas cards, too. I could use some of the holiday ephemera in my stash, or maybe even some small die-cuts. I'm definitely going to give that idea a try!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
Your card is so pretty. Great use of some scraps.The stickers dress it up nicely.
ReplyDeleteReally pretty little card, love the die-cut frame, great sentiment and little stickers.
ReplyDeleteCarol x