Wish List

▼

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sweet little Easter chick...

I've been busy making Easter cards and this is one of them. My "Happy Easter" is an old rubber stamp  that I took apart and now use in my stamp positioner. Not sure of the brand. I heat embossed it and then added some grass and a butterfly (both Fiskars punches) to my frame.


This cute little chick is a print and cut image from the Silhouette Design Store (Design ID #76267).  There are a number of these cute chicks to choose from, each one a little different, but all looking very sweet and Easter-y. I printed out eight of this one onto a piece of cardstock, and then the Silhouette cut them all out for me. I'm always amazed at how precisely it cuts.

I added some Wink of Stella to the pink stripes on the egg and some Glossy Accents to his eyes.






On the inside of my card I stamped an Easter sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly and added another punched butterfly and a matted strip of my DSP.

We had a beautiful day here today. I finally uncovered my rose bush. It looks a little worse for wear, but I'm hoping it will come back once the ground warms up. The lilac bush is budding and will be in bloom before long. We have a little table underneath it where we can sit and enjoy its lovely fragrance.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. Awe, super cute card Cheryl! Love the sweet little chick's rosy cheeks! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as soon as I saw it you had used your silhouette for your darling little ducky. And how smart to salvage your rubber stamp and make your sentiment. I have only 3 Easter cards complete - got to get on the ball here soon, MoJo was missing last week. It is warmer here as wel and I just "woke"my roses up and trimmed them back, and they are so happy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, sweet, Easter card. The little chick is adorable. I love how the silhouette cuts them out, great time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw how adorable is he? I don't know how I managed to miss this one before? Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate every one!