Wish List

▼

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My granddaughter Hadley celebrated her ninth birthday this week (How did that happen? Seems like she was just two years old yesterday!).

She is such a sweet young lady, and I wanted to make her a fun card. I turned to the Lori Whitlock designs in the Silhouette Online Store and decided to give Design ID #144323 a try. Here's the result:


I just love these pop-up box cards. They're not so intricate that it takes hours and hours to make them, but they're still fun and interactive. This particular design works well for a boy or a girl, so I may be using this design again for a younger grandson.

I did add some extra stars beyond what the design included, and covered them with Wink of Stella for a little shimmer and shine.

The candle flames were also coated with a little WOS. It seems I can't even craft anymore without that stuff!

Today, I am meeting my brother for coffee, so I'd best get moving.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

  1. Cute and happy card. Great for a kid's birthday. I like the glitter on the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card - perfect for a 9 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab bright happy card, she'll love it Im sure. They do grow up ever so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate every one!