Wish List

Friday, February 16, 2018

The years keep sailing by...


This was my son's birthday card. I was so pleased to have thought of using a Sizzix embossing folder to create some waves on the bottom half of my stitched rectangle.


This is one of those twist and pop cards. In keeping with the sea and sailing theme, I added a few more die-cuts and sentiments  on each little panel.


I also fussy cut some banners from scraps of the same DSP that is on the front. Both DSP patterns come from the same pad that I won online years ago. I'm sure it's not even available anymore, but it's been a great pad for masculine cards.

I die-cut my anchor twice and glued the two pieces together to give it a little more depth. Then I tied on my piece of twine.




My sea gull panel looked a little bare when I had finished it, but I didn't know what else to put on there that would look okay. I thought of adding a piece of blue cardstock for the sea, but that didn't look quite right to me either...so I left it.

We are actually planning to travel to the Northwest this spring to visit my son and daughter who live there, so the "hoping to sea you soon" sentiment fit perfectly.


I always enjoy making these cards, even though they are a little time-consuming. They make a nice surprise when they're opened, too.

I hope you have a great weekend. It is colder again here, so I don't know that I'll be doing much outside, other than running some errands.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a fun card. Great surprise when opened. And, oh my, do I feel the "the years are going sailing by"

Mona Pendleton said...

Such fun cards Cheryl! I love the nautical theme! The sailboat is the cutest! Hope you have a great weekend!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, that is one cool card Cheryl, your son will love it for sure! Bet it took ages to make!
Hope the weather warms up for you soon, we had a wee taste of spring today with lots of glorious sunshine - although apparently we're back to normal service tomorrow with a rainy day due.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card and I love the style of card brilliant job with the waves and boat.
Luv
Debby

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun twist and pop card -love all the elements you used. Bet you need some extra postage to mail this one. I do believe mother nature is bi-polar - snow here last Saturday and today and tomorrow 70's.

Lynette said...

What an elaborate and amazing card, Cheryl! I'm sure you son will love it. How cool you're going out for a visit.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! You're cards are a work of art on the inside as well as the outside Cheryl! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic