Wish List

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A couple more Thanksgiving cards...

I happened to have just a scrap of this pretty gold leaf patterned CS and wanted to use it on a card. It was only big enough to cover the bottom portion of my card, so I grabbed another scrap of gold textured CS from my never-ending pile of scraps and used that for the top.

I liked the look of the black mat behind the gold and patterned papers, but what to use for a pumpkin? Well, we've all seen those white pumpkins, right? So white it was! I used a small stitched oval die by My Creative Time and cut it out three times. The stem for my pumpkin was cut by hand and my "vine" was made with a Cheery Lynn die.

My little open scallop trim was made with an unbranded die.

To decorate the inside just a bit, I matted my sentiment panel with black and warm brown CS (that matched my patterned scrap perfectly!).  Then I cut out the only remaining intact leaf from the patterned paper and adhered it above my stamped sentiment.

For this card I used a couple of unbranded dies (leafy frame and leafy sprig). To give my open leafy sprig a little personality, I wiped its surface with Versamark ink and then covered it with Perfect Pearls gold powder. To set the powder, I just misted it with a little water.

I added just one "personality plus" leaf to the inside above my computer-generated sentiment.

I managed to finish off 10 more Christmas cards today. I've made about 40 so far, but I've got to at least double that number before I'll have enough.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl! Love the stitched pumpkin on the first and the metallic leaves on the second! Perfect for the upcoming holiday!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Sorry I'm so behind with my comments Cheryl! What beautiful cards you have made and no wonder you wanted to use that fabulous card-stock, it is truly beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Oh don't know which one I like the bestest. Love how you made your pumpkin with the ovals, and I think I have the same cherry lynn die for the scroll leaves. The gold leaves are beautiful as well.