Wish List

Monday, February 13, 2017

A couple of Valentines...

I am finally getting a post written after my computer completely crashed! In fact, once it crashed, it wouldn't even turn on!

The silly machine had been exhibiting a "black screen" illness for about a day, where its screen would go black and I had to do a restart to get my screen back again. My uber smart DH said, "Maybe you should put the files that are important to you onto a thumb drive, just in case." Wiser words were never spoken! About three minutes after I finished copying my "important" files (like card photos) over to the thumb drive, my computer crashed, with no hope for resuscitation.

We took it back to the store where I bought it 3 1/2 years ago, and they said it would be 9-10 days before they could give us a diagnosis. In the meantime, I am unable to operate my Silhouette, because, of course, that software is on my broken computer, and I need to wait and see if they can fix it (fingers crossed).

I do have a couple of Valentine cards to share with you today that were made before the debacle with my computer.

This first card is a cute file from the Silhouette Store (Design ID #54483) that was super quick to put together. I simply added a tiny red ribbon bow at his neck and stamped "Be Mine!" on the heart.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment with an old stamp - not sure of the make. It is one of my thrift store finds.











This Valentine is a waterfall card. I had not made one of these in a loooooong time, so I thought it was time to try it again. Besides, I really like to give my grandkids interactive cards when I can, and this one qualifies!

Here's what you see as the you pull the "waterfall" down.  Most of the stamps used on this card were from a Recollections Valentine set, although a few other miscellaneous stamps were used as well.

And since I made this like a regular A2 card, here's a peek at the inside.

Well those are my cards for today. I've been working on others, as well, and I'll show those to you in a day or so.

My daughter and granddaughter are flying here this week from the Pacific Northwest, so we are very excited to have them with us for an extended weekend. I'm not sure if we'll be doing any crafting together, but whatever we do, it will be fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such cute projects Cheryl! Love the little Scottie on the first and the sweet cupcake on the second! So fun and creative!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the waterfall card - have not made one is a really long time. Enjoy your visit with your daughter and granddaughter.

designbydonna said...

Your cards are cute. I haven't made one of those waterfall cards in forever. Too bad about your computer. Been there Done that. Had to replace mine. Liking my MacPro laptop, although it has taken me a large learning curve to get used to t.

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl, I haven't made a waterfall card for such a long time either!
Hope it's good news about your PC - mines on its way out too and will only work for about half an hour before it switches itself off! But it is nearly 10 years old so at least I've had my money's worth out of it!

Hannelie said...

Oh boy! I haven't made a waterfall card in ages too! I used to LOVE making it!
Great cards Cheryl!