Wish List

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thanksgiving cards at last...

This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest. I began by embossing some kraft cardstock with a Darice EF and then cutting it into two pieces so that I could fit a sentiment strip between them. The sentiment was stamped with black Versafine ink and then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder.


To make my pretty leaf, I randomly sponged some red, orange and brown distress inks onto some yellow cardstock. I used a Darice leaf die to cut it out. Then I sponged some darker brown ink onto the die (with the die-cut still inside it) which gave the leaf veins some definition.

Finally, I added some sparkle with a clear Wink of Stella brush and a few sequins.


Here's another of the leaf shapes that came in the 3-leaf die set from Darice.

And this is the final leaf shape. Since this one was narrower, I used two leaves on my card and a bit of raffia to make them look as though they are tied together.

For the inside of my card, I used some pretty paper that had a subtle leaf pattern on it that was the same color as the embossed cardstock on the front of my card. My sentiment was computer-generated.

I made 12 of these cards to send out to family and friends. And now I've REALLY got to buckle down and get my Christmas cards done. I'm starting to get a little panicky about my Christmas preparations. I should know by now that it happens every year. I'm always scrambling during the last weeks before the holidays.

How about you? Are you through making Christmas cards? Done shopping and wrapping? Ready to decorate the house? Baked goods in the freezer? If so, I'm SO impressed!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Welcome back. Your pictures look like a fantastic trip. Is it great to be crafting again? The leaves on your cards are so real looking. very pretty

Lynne in NI said...

Ohh these are gorgeous! Bet you were thinking of those beautiful trees in New Hampshire when you were making them!

Lynne in NI said...

Forgot to add ..... no I haven't finished my Christmas cards, I haven't even started Christmas pressie shopping never mind wrap them, the house needs a good clean before I pull out the decorations, and there are no goodies in the freezer! Time enough to panic yet ;)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE the simplicity of these cards Cheryl! The beautiful pop of colour against that fabulously textured neutral card-stock gives them a lovely rustic feel! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today, it's very much appreciated! Have a great day my friend! Hazel xx

Glittered Paws said...

What awesome cards for your first post after getting back, love how you colored your leaves and the little piece of raffia is really a nice touch .

Hannelie said...

AMAZING leaves!!!!