Wish List

Friday, July 15, 2016

Happy birthday to my husband...

Today is my DH's birthday, and this is the card I made for him:
I created my sentiment on the computer. After printing it out, I went over the words in script with a glitter pen to make them stand out.

The music notes were made with a punch. I only have the punch for the double eighth note, but I was able to make some single eighth notes by fussy-cutting them apart.

This crazy little bird is a Basic Grey stamp. I heat embossed him with some black embossing powder and then cut him out--all except for his legs. I used a couple of ProMarkers to add a little color to his wings and his belly.

Then I stamped just his legs onto my card panel with Versamark and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.

After adding a couple of googly eyes, he was ready to pop up on my card with some foam tape.

I put the rest of my computer-generated sentiment on the inside of my card with a couple more of those punched notes. I used a Lifestyle Crafts die for my white panel.

I like the way this one turned out. Hope my DH likes it too.

So, I always get a Dairy Queen cake for my husband on his birthday. In fact, my kids call it "Gary Queen" (his name is Gary), because he likes their soft-serve ice cream so much. When I went to our local DQ to get the cake, I picked one out that had some space to add a personalized message. I asked that they write "75 years young!" on the top of the cake. I even wrote it down for them so they could be sure to get it right.

When they brought the cake back to me, it said "75 year's young!!" For some odd reason, they decided to add an apostrophe, which was absolutely incorrect in this context. They also added an extra exclamation point, which I didn't mind so much, but the apostrophe really bothered me. Rather than embarrass the nice lady who had embellished my cake by asking her to correct it, I simply brought it home and removed the extra apostrophe myself. It was a bit tricky, but I managed to get it done.

Tomorrow we will all celebrate my DH's birthday with family, and we'll enjoy that ice cream cake. I'll enjoy it even more, knowing that the errant apostrophe is no longer there! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

So cute. That is a fun sentiment. Happy Birthday to your DH. Today is my Mom's 92nd birthday.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww that's such a lovely sentiment, love your fab birdie. Happy Birthday to DH, hope he enjoys his cake :)
Bad spelling and mad punctuation really bug me too!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this card for hubby. DQ cake is a favorite here too.

Sue said...

A fun and loving card for your DH. Love the cake story, would have done the same thing, knowing they probably meant well. Love the little bird stamp. Happy Birthday to your hubs.

Hugs
Sue