Wish List

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A quick get well card...

Recently my brother-in-law had back surgery, and I wanted to let him know we were thinking of him, even though we were off on a camping trip. That meant that I needed to take some time to quickly make a card and get it in the mail before we left.

I searched Pinterest for some ideas and saw a card similar to this one:

I happened to have these little bandaids on hand. I thought they were the perfect size.

The first thing I did was cut my front panel, making it 1/8" narrower than usual. Then I carefully tore this panel diagonally ALMOST all the way down, leaving the last wee bit intact so that I could still keep my two halves perfectly together when I embossed. I didn't want to try to tear it after it was embossed, because I thought the embossing would influence where it tore and make it look a bit strange. It may well work just fine to tear it after embossing, but I was short of time and didn't want to have to start over.

I carefully placed my torn panel, with both halves together, in an embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Once it was embossed, I finished tearing the two pieces apart and adhered them to the front of my card before adding my bandaids
.

My sentiment was computer-generated and cut out with a rectangular Lifestyle Crafts die.

I popped the sentiment up with some foam tape.


I left my card blank inside so that I could write a personal note.

I'm happy to tell you that the surgery was a success and my brother-in-law is now home and recovering. I hope he continues to heal and get stronger by leaps and bounds every day!

I empathize with those who have back problems; I've had a few myself. There was a time, years ago, when I actually had trouble getting in and out of my car because of back pain. I discovered that a big part of my problem was the weakening of my abdominal muscles, so I began using an "Ab Roller" to strengthen them. It worked! I still use that Ab Roller, but not as regularly as I should. Whenever I do, though, I notice a marked reduction in any back pain I may have at the time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

We have been away too. That is why I haven't been commenting. I love the simplicity of this card. Quick way to do a get well when needed.

Mona Pendleton said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Cheryl! Your card is fantastic! Love the embossed background and little bandaids!

Lynne in NI said...

What a great card, so clever to use those bandaids like that! Hope you're having fun on your trip :)

Glittered Paws said...

OH - this one will surely have to be cased - I love it. and how original is this. Great card for someone having surgery and quick and easy too.