Wish List

Friday, April 29, 2016

Heartfelt thanks...

 If you're a regular to my blog, I know you've seen me use this die (my sister's) before, but it's such a great die by Memory Box and helps to make a very quick thank you card.


I used the die on some kraft colored cardstock. Then I inked the tips of all the butterfly wings with metallic gold ink and added a black gem to the centers. Do you see that one that slipped off center? I did fix it after I took the photo.  I used a striped embossing folder on the bottom of my card front and then tied on a sparkly black ribbon. Easy Peasy!


Lifting all the wings a bit, adds some wonderful dimension and allows the color of the black mat to peek through.


















I just happened to have this stamp, which I thought was perfect for the inside!

If it hadn't taken a wee bit of time to ink each of the butterfly's wings, this card would have been done in a flash. But even with the inking, it didn't take very long at all.

I am looking forward to a weekend with my sister, so I may not be floating around blogland very much. I will try to get back on my blog-visiting schedule come Monday, though.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Cheryl! Love all the butterflies fluttering about!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful, love all those butterflies.
luv
Debby

designbydonna said...

I love butterflies. This die makes a gorgeous card. Very pretty in the Kraft color.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh this is so pretty! Love your pretty butterflies!
Hope you've had a fun weekend with your sister, it's a Bank Holiday weekend here so no work tomorrow yippee :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how original - great card and who doesn't love butterflies?