Wish List

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Gear up for an amazing year...

I always struggle to find ideas for masculine cards. That's why I was thrilled to find this card base and gears in the Silhouette Online Store. I cut my card base and backed the front with some white CS on which I had printed the sentiment with my computer.

I cut several layers of my gears out of some charcoal-colored CS and adhered them together for some extra dimension. I also glazed the top of each one with Glossy Accents to make them look metallic.

On the inside of my card, I printed another computer-generated sentiment and a couple of the gears I had left over after finishing my card front.

I liked the way this card turned out, and I thought it worked perfectly for the men in my family.  I've been working on some other masculine cards, too, which I'll share with you in the days ahead.

While we had a lovely Easter, we are still working on eating up the leftovers! It's nice not to have to cook, though, or even think about what to make. I'm also lucky that my DH actually really likes leftovers. Bless him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! What a fantastic masculine card! The gear / cog background looks amazing! I'm blown away with how well your electric machine cuts! I have a cricut that I rarely used but won't part with because of the cost but it never seemed to cut as well as your machine. Just caused a lot of frustration! Thanks for the inspiration!

designbydonna said...

Really great masculine card. The gears are just perfect for men. Your sentiments are perfect for the gear theme.

Glittered Paws said...

WOW great man card - love the gears, I have a gear embossing folder but not a cut one. Hmmm...may have to put a cutting machine on my long wish list. LOL

Lynne in NI said...

That's a great masculine card, what a fab gear theme and perfect sentiment too :)