Wish List

Sunday, December 13, 2015

A 10-minute Christmas card...

Really! This card only took about 10 minutes to put together.

I cut a white mat for the front of my card. Then I stabilized it on my cutting mat with washi tape so that I could use the grid lines on the mat to position my strips of glitter tape. If you don't have glitter tape, you could use strips of glitter cardstock or even just double-sided tape and loose glitter.

Once the stripes were done, I stamped "JOY" with Versamark ink and heat-embossed it with some gold embossing powder.

Next, I cut out my little poinsettia with a Marianne Creatables die and my pine branches with a Martha Stewart punch.

I added some Wink of Stella to the petals and used a gold Viva Décor pen for the center of my poinsettia,.

I used some Gem-Tack glue to adhere my poinsettia and branches to make sure they stuck to the glitter tape.




Finally, I used a stamp I picked up at a thrift store for my inside sentiment. It's an older wooden stamp - not sure of the maker. I stamped it with Versamark and used some more of my gold embossing powder.

That's it. My card was done!

Honestly, if you have all your supplies on hand, it truly comes together quicker than any other card I have made this year. And it looks so sparkly and pretty IRL.

I actually got all 85 of my Christmas cards in the mail yesterday. It's such a relief to have that job done. Now I've got to move on to baking, cleaning, decorating and finishing up my wrapping. No time to sit around. There's still a lot to do!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

No way - 10 minutes - my kind of card.Very pretty. My cards are ready to go to the mailbox today as well as the last of my packages. Somehow we get it all done!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous and simply stated, LOVE it.

Hugs
Sue