Wish List

Monday, November 9, 2015

Choo, choo...look who's two!

My daughter needed a birthday card for her sister-in-law's little boy who was turning two and asked me to make one for her. I figured that little boys like trains and animals, so why not incorporate both into my card?

I dug out some older dies - a Sizzix train die and a set of Cuttlebug animal dies. Here is what I came up with:

It was fun to try to figure out how I could fit my animals into the train cars. It worked pretty well to have their heads sticking out of the openings. I wish I would have had a little "engineer" figure to put into the engine. Since I didn't, I added some vellum over the window to give the illusion that there is someone on the other side of it. Finally, I added a "2" sticker to the smokestack and used my Impression Obsession cloud dies to make some puffs of smoke.


I added some layers behind my giraffe (to color his spots and eyes) and the elephant ( pink for his ears and black for his eyes). Since these are one-layer dies, they need a little something to give them some dimension.

My hills were made with a Paper Smooches stitched die.

 
The inside of my card was pretty plain with my computer-generated sentiment and a couple of strips of DSP. I wish now that I had added an animal or two here, as well. Next time...

The weather is still very nice here, but the forecasters are telling us it will change soon. In fact, they reported that one year ago today we had several inches of snow. It won't be long and we'll be shoveling the white stuff again!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Hannelie said...

Oh Cheryl I am pretty sure the little boys mother will frame this and hang it in his room! It's so special !
Great job!

Sue said...

Perfect, for a little guy turning two!! How creative and special this card will be. The train was cute enough, but putting the animals in is super fun.

Hugs
Sue

designbydonna said...

So cute. Any little boy would love this. And so special that it is made special for him.

Darnell said...

This is such an adorable card for a two-year-old little guy, Cheryl! I love the way you stuck the animals in the cars and put vellum on the locomotive window! Not to mention the cute polka-dotted hills and puffs of cloud smoke! And, hey, considering I always forget to do anything on the inside except stamp a verse, I think what you did is impressive!! Hugs, Darnell

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable Cheryl...love all the fun details. Great for a young little one.
Have a good day and Hunker down tomorrow. Hope we miss the winds.

Glittered Paws said...

OMG too cute - I "think" somewhere I have the animals but have never seen the train. this is perfect for a 2 year old.

Lynne in NI said...

Awwww what a cutie!