Wish List

Friday, August 7, 2015

Another card from freebie stamps...

I LOVE getting the little extras that are sent with each issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. In the last issue, some lovely Asian-influenced stamps were included, and I decided to make a card with them right away. Here's what I came up with:

Isn't this a lovely image? I was immediately drawn to this beautiful lady and her floral parasol. I first selected a pre-made card base that I thought would provide the perfect background. Then I got out my red cardstock to use as a mat for my image and for the pretty edge on the right side. I actually used this Martha Stewart border punch, but I cut off all the little teardrops, which I thought might get bent or wrinkled anyway in this application.



I colored the obi sash with my ProMarkers and paper-pieced the kimono with some deep red patterned paper.

I actually paper-pieced the parasol with some plain blue paper and then colored in the flowers and leaves, again with my ProMarkers. The gold flower centers were added with an opaque metallic marker.

I don't recall which stamp set the sentiment is from. I looked at so many "thank you" stamps to determine which one would work best, and then I didn't write down which one I selected!













On the inside of my card, I added the narrow piece that had been cut off to allow for the fancy red border. I decided it made the border look more finished and purposeful.

The stamp set also included this pretty little hand fan, which I colored with my ProMarkers. Because alcohol markers will bleed through ordinary cardstock, I stamped this on a piece of white cardstock that was slightly smaller than my card base and adhered it on the right side after I was done coloring.

All in all, I was pleased with how this card turned out. It was fun to create with some new and very different (for me) stamps. I'm already looking forward to the next issue and the freebies that will inspire me again, I'm sure!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is really lovely. Beautiful image. I like the colors you selected. You spent quite a lot of time making this. The recipient will really love it.

Darnell said...

Yes, it is a very lovely image, Cheryl, especially the way you have colored and showcased her! The whole design, outside and in, is fantastic!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Cheryl! Great job coloring that beautiful image! Love it inside and out!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - so much detail in the coloring and design. Love the edge.

Sue said...

So pretty, I have this set from a magazine sitting here. Wonderful coloring, and the inside is so pretty too. Thanks for the inspiration, Cheryl.

Hugs
Sue

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a fab freebie! Love the colours you used and that's such a pretty fancy edge too :)

Taunya Butler said...

What an awesomely beautiful card - your premade card looks so very good with the deep red touches and your image is just Spot on perfect!! Love the paper piecing and the gorgeous Coloring!! Hands down, one of your most beautiful cards!! Kudos to you, my friend, it is so dazzling!! Have a beautiful day!!