Wish List

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Happy Birthday, son...

Today is my son's birthday, and this is the card I made for him. I saw a similar sentiment on a card in a store, so I used my computer to print out my own version of it.




I used two different fonts to print my sentiment. I think the smallest printed words are in Times New Roman. The larger font is called Caflisch Script Pro.

The patterned cardstock that I used for the sentiment panel is from one of my 6" X 6" packs and looks like weathered wood. I thought it would be perfect for this card. I inked the edges to distress it a even more.












I cut the mitt and ball from the Total Sports cartridge and inked the edges of all the layers to make it look like it was well-worn.










The inside of the card has the same DSP and patterned cardstock. Once again, I used both fonts for my sentiment and inked the edges of my papers.

I hope my son has a fabulous day today and an even better year. He is an amazing young man, and I am so proud of him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Hope your son has a Happy Birthday Cheryl! Your card is terrific! Love the baseball theme!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh Wow - awesome birthday for son - very creative.

designbydonna said...

Love the baseball theme. Great card. Happy Birthday to your son.

Sue said...

Cheryl, awesome card! Love the design and the sentiment is perfect. Inside sentiment is so nice...what a great card for your son.

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

Happy Birthday to your all star son!!! Hope he has a great day!!! I love how you made this card look so masculine yet vintage and worn looking!! I think you are just amazing at making cool insides to your cards too - I really admire that and am going to give it a try!! Thanks and have a super day,!!!