Wish List

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A few more valentines for kids...

Here are four more valentines I have made for my grand kids.
I cut the cap on this one from the Total Sports cartridge.. The patterned strip across the bottom is Washi tape. The sentiment banner is a pre-made one (my daughter gave me an entire package of them), and I merely matted it with some red cardstock. The sentiment was actually a "happy birthday" rub-on. I didn't rub on the "birth" part and added that little punched heart and arrow, instead.



On the inside of the card I used the MVP cutout from the cap as part of the sentiment.















This card features a digital image I've had for...um...er...years! I've even had it colored up for at least two years. About time I used it, don't you think? The tiny hearts on the gray paper were stamped with a Recollections background stamp.



I love how his cheeks are full of acorns. Reminds me of my granddaughter's hamster, Chubs, who puts all his food into his cheeks right after you fill his bowl. Then he hides it in various places in his cage. Silly hamster...no one is going to take his food.

The little red hearts were made with a heart-shaped hole punch







On this card, the bowling ball and pin were cut from the Nifty Fifties cartridge and the hearts were punched out with a Recollections punch.




I cut this image out shortly after I got that cartridge (several years ago - sheesh!), and I've been waiting for a chance to use it. I decided it was perfect for a Valentine's card.












The final card I am sharing with you today is a cute little Minion card. I saw this idea on Pinterest. In fact, there are lots of Minion cards on Pinterest. This one was really easy. I simply added a black strip and two gray circles for his goggles. The googly eyes added lots of character.

I inked around my little pocket on his overalls to make sure you could see it. I put Glossy Accents on the gray circle around his eyes and drew on his crooked little smile.



I think you can see the shine on his goggles in this photo.  His little sprigs of hair are just narrow cuts of black cardstock that I glued onto his "head."

I love this little guy. I went to see "Despicable Me" with some of my grandkids and had the best time giggling with them over these little Minions.

Well, that's it for my valentines for kids. Hope you enjoyed them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Isn't it fun to do cards to suit each child's interests? I especially love that minion. Very clever,

Glittered Paws said...

OMG too cute - loved them all - if I had to pick I would just pick them all. Great job,.

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Valentine's Day Cheryl! All of your cards are adorable! Surely your grand kids will love them! The minion is my fave :) so cuuute!

Darnell said...

It's always so fun to catch up with your adorable and humorous cards, Cheryl!! Your grandkids are going to love their cards! I'm especially squealing over that Minion card!! Hugs, Darnell

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I love that minion card ! Have a lot of kids cards the next 2 months. And I best get busy. Thanks for stopping by.

Taunya Butler said...

Well - you are just SUPER awesome and these cards just each totally rock!!! You do such a great job of individualizing your cards for people you love!!! Amazing and I so admire you!!!