I see napkin cards everywhere in blogland these days, so I thought I'd give them a try for my Thanksgiving cards.
I first separated the plain white tissue layer (these napkins were 2-ply) from the top printed layer and set that aside to use in other ways. I also grabbed my plastic wrap to use as a "glue" between my image layer and a piece of plain white cardstock. Now, I needed to assemble my "sandwich."
Plan A: I laid down some parchment paper to work on, then my cardstock, plastic wrap, napkin image and another piece of parchment paper, in that order. I ironed this sandwich on my iron's highest setting (it's old, so maybe it doesn't get very hot anymore). I discovered that my industrial-sized container of plastic wrap--one that I bought at Costco--must also be industrial strength, because I simply could NOT get it to melt!
Plan B: I remembered that I also had a small box of Dollar Store plastic wrap that had been in our RV, but was now stored away in the house until next spring. I got that out and gave it a try, using the same sandwich configuration. Voila! It worked! Lesson learned - use cheap, thin plastic wrap for this technique.
After the napkin was adhered, I simply cut the image to size and used it to make my cards, just like I'd use a stamped image.
I found that occasionally the napkin would come loose along the edge of my cut-to-size image. I just used a glue pen to tack these areas down again.
For my some of my card interiors, I punched some leaves out of some inked cardstock and attached them inside.
For other cards, I stamped a simple pumpkin.
All in all, it was a fun experiment, but much more time-consuming than I expected.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.