Wish List

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy 8th birthday to a special granddaughter...

I have a beautiful granddaughter who lives 200 miles away, so I don't get to see her nearly as often as I'd like.  Luckily, however, I did see her this past weekend, so I was able to hand-deliver this birthday card to her:
I purchased the "Hanging Around" Wryn digital stamp from Tiddly Inks a while ago, but I still love it. It reminds me of my granddaughters (and even myself when I was their age). What little girl doesn't love to hang from her knees at every opportunity?


I colored Wryn with my ProMarkers and then did a bit of shading around her with some coral and yellow chalks.

I selected all of the colors I used from the colors in the DSP. I think I was able to match them up pretty well.


The blue doily that is just peeking out from behind the image was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die.







I created my outside and inside sentiments on the computer. I love writing short little poems to use on cards. It does take extra time, but they really help make my cards more personal.






Here's the rest of the poem on the inside of the card.

A friend in Germany sent me a number of butterflies that she had punched out for me in different sizes. I've used two of them on this card. Thanks so much, Nadine!

The flowers were made with a couple of Recollection punches (star and flower) that I purchased at Michaels.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Cheryl! You did a great job coloring the sweet image! Surely your granddaughter will treasure this keepsake!