Wish List

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Christmas cards for August...

I've had these cards done for a while, but I've been too busy to get them photographed and posted here.

I had a lot of fun coloring this image with ProMarkers and then using two non-traditional colors for my card bases.

These two were made as portrait-style cards with the fold at the top. I made two more with regular card bases that folded on the left. I'd show you a photo of them, but I accidentally deleted it! They look just like these two, except the top right and bottom right corners are the ones that are rounded.


This is a bad photo - taken at an angle and hard to look at - but I was trying to capture some of the sparkle in the sentiment on the front of the card.  It is so pretty IRL. I have some embossing powder that is a silver sparkle, and I often use it on  Christmas cards.





I only used two shades of turquoise and two shades of purple to color the bird. The bird and the leafy branch are actually two different stamps.  I stamped the bird first, then masked its top beak and stamped the branch. This way it looks as though the bird is holding the branch in its beak.










The inside was very simple. I may go back and stamp the leafy branch somewhere on the inside. Do you think that would be a good idea? If so, where would be the best place to put it?












Here's another one of those bad, angled photos where I'm trying to show you the sparkle of the embossing powder.

These cards were quick and fairly easy, and I actually like the way they turned out. If I get down to the wire and need more cards, this is one I could replicate in short order.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



3 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are stunning! Love the embossing, the colors, and of course, the beautiful design! Thanks for sharing!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

I like the dove! Nice, your getting close to your goal.mkw