Wish List

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day cards...

Edited to add:  this card made the Top 3 on this post at My Craft Spot!

My Craft Spot

I have two wonderful aunts that I like to remember on Mother's Day with some handmade cards. Here is the card I made to send to each of them:
Now I know that Mother's Day cards are usually spring flowers, and these chrysanthemums are definitely not associated with this time of year. I had this pretty paper, however, and I really wanted to use it. The striped piece on the left is one side of the paper, while the tiny print on a gold background is the other side. The rich colors just said "mums" to me, so I went with this pretty Flourishes stamp.



I colored the image up with my ProMarkers, using at least two colors for each flower and three different greens for the leaves. This was so easy to color up, and even my DH was impressed with how it turned out. He said, "Did you use those special markers to color this? Wow!"












I used one of my button dies to make a little red scalloped button to put on the end of my sentiment banner.  I used a piece of crochet thread to tie a tiny bow. I have a hard time leaving buttons naked on my cards.

I inked around the banner and the circle die-cut (flowers) with some Mustard Seed Distress Ink.

Here's a peek at the inside of the card. I repeated the circle die-cut on the black doily (Lifestyle Crafts die). I also used another piece of that pretty printed paper on a black mat.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
My Craft Spot - #136 Mother's Day or Spring
Craftin Desert Divas - Mother's Day
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog - Ribbon, Lace and Twine, Oh My!
Art Impressions - #135 Cute as a Button

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

17 comments:

lost coast scrapper said...

So pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
luv
Debby

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. Great job coloring the flowers.

creative lady said...

Beautiful card, love the die and border in black you used on the card, it really makes the card pop. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Glenda said...

Great coloring on the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

Love the colors here. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Such a beautiful card! I love your paper choices and the circle dies! Your coloring and stamping are simply fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #7: Ribbon, Lace and Twine, Oh MY!

Gloria Stengel said...

So sweet. Your flowers are wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Sherrie K. said...

Great choice on papers! The image is so pretty and love your coloring!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How pretty!!! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

CDD DT Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

Pammejo said...

So pretty, love the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Unknown said...

so pretty! thanks for linking up with us

Kerry said...

Beautiful card, I love all the pattern papers and all the wonderful details. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Impressions' challenge! :)

Kate said...

Such a pretty card - and your 'mums work for Mother's Day just perfectly!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

Those flowers are so amazing! Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

Debbie Seyer said...

Love the flower image! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

Lindsay said...

Very sweet card, great job.