Wish List

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Graduation cards...

My sister and I made similar graduation cards this year, so I thought I'd share them both with you.

Here's my sister's card:

I love all the detail she added: the embossed numbers, the mortar board and the "Congrats" banner tied around the zero. Such a nice touch!

My card is a lot plainer. I cut the numbers and their shadow from the George cartridge. Using the school colors of maroon and gold, I adhered them on a black mat for a bit of contrast. Since it was for a girl, I simply added a little bling.


Now when I look at it, it looks awfully plain! I guess I should have added some embossing, too!!



Here's an angle shot so you can see the bling a little better. I welded the gold shadow letters together using my Gypsy, but cut the maroon letters separately.








The inside seems a little too plain, too. Some embossing would have been nice here, as well. Guess I need to go visit my sister and take a few lessons on making cards!  When can I come, Michelle?


I have another graduation card to share with you, but will do that in another post.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute cards, I made a card very similar to both of your cards too, inspired by pinterest!!!

Anonymous said...

Anytime would be great! MKW

Sherry Eckblad said...

Kind of funny how you both created basically the same card. They turned out great. I don't have anyone graduating this year so won't be making any cards.

designbydonna said...

Obvious great minds (i.e. great talents) think alike. Both great cards. Cheryl, yours works well to use the graduate's school colors.