Wish List

Friday, May 23, 2014

Floral birthday card...

I saw a pretty card on Pinterest and decided to try my own version of it.

Starting with a pale pink card base. I topped it with a piece of slightly smaller white cardstock that I had embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and punched on one end with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch. I also added two embossed lines (using my scoreboard) between the dots and the punched border.

I cut "Happy Birthday" using some Impression Obsession dies. The flowers were cut with Fancy Blossoms dies by Memory Box and the leaves were made with an EK Success punch.

The butterfly is a tiny little Fiskars punch, one that I use all the time.


The flowers were punched from some pale pink DSP (you can just barely see the design in the paper), and then I inked the edges of each petal before I assembled them.

I added a little pearl to the center of each flower, as well as to each butterfly.


Here's a close-up of the Happy Birthday sentiment. It looks really washed out in this photo - my lack of photography skills is to blame - but it still gives you a better view of the die-cuts.

Please excuse the bad photos - I took them at night in my dark basement, so they're definitely not the best!

The inside of the card is pretty plain. I think I may still add some stamped or punched butterflies to spice it up a bit.



I hope you have lots of fun plans for this long weekend. We have lots of yard work to do, so I think that is what is going to keep us busy! I am anxious to get my flowers planted so that we have a bit of color around the exterior of our home.

Our grape vines are finally sprouting some green leaves. I'm looking forward to my little grape harvest. I always make some grape jelly for the coming winter. I used to do a lot of canning - 200 jars or more a year of varied fruits and vegetables. I canned my own spaghetti sauce, salsa, all sorts of pickles and relishes, tomatoes, etc. I also froze many bags of vegetables and fruits. Now that I live in the heart of an urban area, I don't have room for a garden, and the little space I do have is far too shaded to produce much. I don't know if I have the desire to do all that canning and freezing anymore, anyway. I still do a bit, and that's enough to satisfy any domestic whims that overtake me. Ha!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. I really like the doily and scored border.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. I love that lace border on both the front and inside.

Debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby