Wish List

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Christmas cards for the month of May...

Continuing with my quest to make four or five Christmas cards each month leading up to December, I have finally finished my little batch of cards for May. I've been trying to have them done by the 25th of each month, but, sadly, this month I am a few days late. Just too much going on, I guess. You know how life can get in the way sometimes!

Here are the cards for this month, using the image of a mistletoe spray from the Winter Wonderland cartridge. We often see mistletoe with white berries, so I did a little research online and found that it can also have red berries. I was happy to learn this, as I really wanted to use red berries on my cards.
I cut the mistletoe at 2.5" and inked the edges of the leaves. Instead of cutting little circles out of red cardstock for the berries, I used a Viva Decor pen to add the berries and also a little dimension to the card. The sentiment was stamped with red Stazon ink and cut out with a Lifestyle Crafts die. The bow has actually been sprayed with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds, but it just wouldn't show up in any of these photos.

This is the same basic card, except that I cut the DSP into three panels for a little interest.

I used a kraft card base for this card and a Lifestyle Crafts ticket shape for the sentiment. I also added some enamel dots in the corner for a little added adornment.

This one seems a little plain to me. Any suggestions on how to spice it up a bit?

For this final card, I cut wider borders and rounded the two bottom corners. I also added some additional "berries" with my Viva Decor pen in each of those bottom corners.

Finally, here is a sample of the inside of the cards.

I was able to achieve the 1/16" borders on the inside and on most of the card fronts by using my Perfect Layers tools from Perfect Papercrafting. If I didn't have them, I think I would be tearing my hair out trying to get straight and even borders.  I also use the cutting mat by Perfect Papercrafting. It is the BEST cutting mat ever! I don't know why it makes such a huge difference but it does and I highly recommend it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I am so envious--you have all these Christmas cards done already. My favorite here is the one with the 3 panels of DSP.

Patti J said...

These are lovely, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing! About my feather...it was watercolor pencils! Hugs...

debby4000 said...

What fabulous Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great Christmas cards. I am so behind on mine again this year that I will probably just buy a box of them again.